Search This Blog

Thursday 10 March 2016

On the occasion of women's Day
I wrote this poem for the strongest women I have ever come across , my mother.


From managing household  chores to working my projects all night
From making calorific, delicious sweets to the foods when I am on diet,
My mother is the string , I am the kite. 
She is the  star  shining brighter than the sun's light.
Managing to make me see light Where I once saw night.
With her beside I can win every fight

Her face always embellished with an incandescent smile, 
Even when she is grief stricken and fragile.
Finding me all my things from a pin to a file
She is the sorrow cutter, cutting the hardships in piles.

She is the spring she is the summer
She was the first one to whom i murmured.

She scolds me when I am wrong 
She is the reason for every battle I have won, 
She is like the lush green lawn, 
Where I can lay when I am mentally torn.

She has brought me to this world going through so much pain,
Every mother is a super hero, this a claim. 
Her children remain happy is her only aim 
Whether we are 2 or 60 her love for is always the same. 

My love for my mother  has no bound 
And I can say it loud : 
That one day I ll make you proud.  

Standing strong even when the hope has closed it's door
Mumma I love you to the core .


  




No comments:

Post a Comment